Wednesday, August 03, 2011
Cute & Goth Mermaid
Okay, I'm seriously excited about this! This is my first time being involved in the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges!! This is an entire week full of challenges (several a day) hosted by past and present Dirty Girls! I'm not hosting a challenge this time, but I am making a sample for one of the challenges! If you'd like to play along, make sure you are a member of the Fan Club and come join us! We're having loads of fun!
Here's my card for one of Thursday's challenges! You'll have to look to find out which one! I used the lovely Mermaid Miranda by Tiddly Inks image. I've been waiting for this release! I just LOVE this mermaid! When I coloured her tail, I used U shaped strokes to add a scale like texture. I also added a couple of folds into the very bottom of the tail to add dimension. I LOVE how it turned out. the tail also has some Lime Green Stickles for sparkle. I made some seaweed with Webbed Weave that I got from Hambo Stamps. I'm not sure if they have any left as they've had all their ribbon on clearance for a while now. For added detail, I distressed and stitched the card.
Other challenges I`m entering this card in:
iCopic Weekly Challenge - Skin Tone
Always Something Creative - Water
By The Cute and Girly - The Sea
There's Magic in the Air - Mystical Creatures
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Under the Sea
Mark's Finest Papers - Anything But Ribbon
The Stamp Man - Stitching
Totally Papercrafts - Bling
Stamps: Mermaid Miranda by Tiddly Inks
Paper: SU DP, Copic X-Press It Cardstock, SU Cardstock - Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: SU Old Olive
Accessories: Metal Clip from Wal-Mart, Mesh Weave from Hambo Stamps, Graphic 45 Printed Acetate, Rhinestones, Lime Green Stickles
Tools: SU Cutter Kit, Sewing Machine
Copics: Tail-G99, YG97, YG95, YG93, YG93, YG000; Skin-E34, E21, E00; Hair-E49, E47, E35, E34, YG03
Have a beautiful day!